Securd Protection delivers DNS Firewall and Web Filtering protection from cyber threats as malware, ransomware, and phishing. Securd can also be configured to trigger alerts in PagerDuty based on threat detection, so you can remediate cyber security incidents faster.
Perform the PagerDuty Setup Process first.
PagerDuty Setup Process
Login to PagerDuty, go to the Configuration menu and select Services.
On the Services page:
If you are creating a new service for your integration, click Add New Service.
If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
In the Integration Type menu, select from the following based on your preference:
- Select Tool : Search and select Securd Protection.
- Enter an Integration Name "Securd Protection". If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service.
- In Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy , Notification Urgency , and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration.
You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
Do this AFTER performing the PagerDuty Setup.
Securd Protection Setup Process
- Above the Protection Menu, Select a Company.
- Under the Protection Menu, Click on Company Settings.
- Click on the Alerting/PagerDuty Tab.
- Set alerting to Enable. You will see that Pager Duty Status is "Not Connected"
- Click on Connect PagerDuty. You will be redirected to the PagerDuty website. Once you login, you will select the "Securd Protection" Service you created above.
- Once you have selected the Service, Click on the Connect button.
- You will be redirected back to your Company Settings. The Status will say Connected.
Congratulations! You have completed the integration with PagerDuty and Securd Protection. All your threat detection will now be sent directly to PagerDuty. When a threat event is sent to PagerDuty, an incident will be created. This incident will correspond with a block event in your Securd Protection logs. The full payload of the passive DNS record will be appended to your PagerDuty incident.
One Integration Per Company
You can add multiple PagerDuty Integrations to your Securd Protection Account. However, each company (tenant) is limited to one service integration.