What Securd Protective DNS?
Securd Protective DNS is a cloud-based protective DNS service. Securd can be deployed and configured in minutes, with no software required.
Securd DNS security technology stops systems from connecting to malicious domains and URLs, reducing the risk of an exposure. Securd Protection blocks the majority phishing threats just by blocking a connection to untrusted domains.
How is Securd Protection Different?
Our technology is built under the assumption everything action is threat unless trained by our AI otherwise. We proactively safeguard your end users with our patent-pending domain ranking & timing system. This proprietary innovation reduces the opportunities attackers can use to attack your end-users by 90%.
Securd also offers the simplest pricing and license model. Pricing is based on usage and not on users. Unlike other cloud-delivered services that charge per user or endpoint, you don’t over pay a license fee for endpoints that produce a limited amount of queries. We also do not restrict security features. We believe all customers should be able to defend their assets the same way.
What Happens When Securd is Deployed?
- Stop Malware & Phishing - Defend end users against malware & phishing in real-time with Securd's patent-pending grey wall and multiple layers of defense.
- Defend Smarter - Stop using failed & reactive methods that attackers use to routinely evade your anti-virus and endpoint protection defenses.
- Purpose Built - Securd is purpose built to permanently change the rules of how your end-users can be attacked. Securd trust based approach is designed to alter how and when hackers can attack your endpoints.
What are the Financial Benefits of Securd?
- Reduced Costs - Dramatically reduce the risk of business compromise, data breach, ransomware payout and business disruption.
- Reduced Financial Risk - 33% of breaches in the past 5 years could have been prevented with using a proactive security technology like Securd.
Getting Started with Securd Protective DNS
Once you are subscribed to a plan, you'll be able to start setting up your DNS protection.
Your account will be created with a default Company. Each company is a tenant with unique settings, sites, devices and logs.
Unless it is clearly required, there is no need to create multiple companies. This feature is used by MSPs, MSSPs and larger enterprises.
If you are using Securd for just for external recursive DNS and don't have any internal domains, you can ignore this step.
The first thing to do is edit your Company Settings in Protective DNS -> Company Name > Settings and exclude any internal domains you don't being resolved by our external recursive DNS.
The next thing to do is to become familiar with your default security policy. Your security policy will determine what is allowed and blocked. Once you update your default security policy, you can add protection one of three ways:
- Add a fixed site by adding a static network IP or or CIDR block you control and then point your IPv4 and IPv6 DNS to Securd.
- Use the default DoH address created in your Company deployment and update your browser settings.
- Install a lightweight the Securd Protection Client with a mobile device install key.
To support for HTTPS block pages and Targeted Proxy Protection for option #1 or #2 to inspect malicious URLS, you will also have to install our root certificate on devices using the respective option. This is not required for systems with a Securd Protection Client.